Villages at Mt. Hood
I. Activity Title: __US26 Streetscape and Pedestrian Paths_________
II. Community Need/Rationale:
The Villages at Mt. Hood has the several major problems:
- pedestrian or bike transit, requires being on the roads or on the shoulder of US 26
- the "streetscape" is unattractive, not pedestrian friendly
III. Name of organization: Barlow Trail Association_____ Web site:_www.BarlowTrail.org__
1. Is the organization: incorporated? __XX__community group? ______informal group?____
2. Leader/coordinator name:__Susan Corwin____________________________
3. Leadership group members names:
Tom Anderson, Patti Smith, Don Mench, Barbara Saldivar, and the
other members of the Barlow Trail Association
IV. What is needed from Clackamas County (agency, resources, standing)?
Agency: We are applying for ODOT TE to do Phase I of the US26 streetscape activity
V. Summarize Activities and accomplishments to date.
1. The Barlow Trail Association has created a Trails Inventory and Possible Projects Inventory (draft in review) that identifies US 26 pedestrian and streetscape as a key community need.
2. Within the US 26 Bike, pedestrian paths, streetscape:
a. ODOT Wildwood project currently shows Bike lanes
b. Discussions with ODOT project engineer identified pedestrian path opportunity
3. Letter of Intent filed for ODOT 2009-20011 TE grant
4. Have received authorization to proceed forward with grant application for a June 30th
VI. How has the Activity been funded to date?
Volunteers, donations, and in-kind support.
How will being "supported" change that
Allow us to negotiate with Clackamas County for agency to apply for ODOT Grant
Use and maintenance of this donain and website is donated by
©2006 Mocha Express Commentaries, all rights reserved